29/04/2011

My secret love...Country Music.

I enjoy Country Music as much as the next man here in Sussex, err, not much. Or at least I'd rather not openly admit to it. I like the classic stuff though, not into the Country Cross over of the last decade or so. I like the old stuff. Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Chet Atkins, Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves. All of whom my grandparents used to play when we visted. I still love them and listen to them now.

But what I love country music for so much is the humour and over the years have enjoyed the song titles, which got me thinking about my personal favourites whilst on a train yesterday.

My Top Five Country Music Titles.

1.) 'My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Sure Do Miss Him'
2.) 'I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here'
3.) 'There Ain't Enough Room In My Fruit Of The Looms To Hold All My Love For You'
4.) 'I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim Is Getting Better'
5.) 'I Don't Know Wether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling'

One of my secret passions and desert island disc is a relatively unknown album from Dr.Hook (yes, those guys who wrote Sylvia's Mother and When you're in love with a beautiful woman) called Bankrupt from 1975, when I was err one year old. But like all good things that transcend time, it found me or I found it, which way doesn't matter. What does matter is that these things are shared and It would be a shame not to share some of it with you, so lady's and gentlemen, Dr. Hook with Everybody's Makin' It Big But Me;



Pure Genius...