17/06/2011

Separated At Birth?

We all enjoy a good celebrity looky like, and it was after I had been trawling the interweb for Gigseen related purposes (honest!) that I stumbled upon another good 'un.

The stern looking gentleman on the left is Bernard Hill during his portrayal of King Theodon in Lord Of The Rings. IMDB reliably informs me that he was born in 2948 (Theodon, that is, not Bernard) and became the King Of Rohan in 2980. He was unfortunately crushed by his own horse and died during the Battle Of Pelennor Fields.

The chap on the right is a far more familiar face (to me anyway), and is of course rock legend Robert Plant, lead singer of Led Zeppelin.

The similarity is uncanny, and the proof is in the facial hair. I reckon if Robert had turned up on the set in Rohan wearing a royal robe, no-one would have batted an eyelid.