25/05/2012

New LP From Animals' Eric Burdon This Year

Set for release later this year on ABKCO Records is Til Your River Runs Dry; the new album from The Animals' Eric Burdon.


Eric recorded the album in New Orleans across 2010 with further work done at Playback studios in Santa Barbara, California in 2011.


Burdon commented on recording the album in a recent statement:


"I started feeling that I needed to use this album as a catharsis, to express my own truth. It took longer than any other album, not because of time spent in the studio, but because of the subject matter of the songs I wanted to put out there."


The result is a deeply intimate, honest self-portrait as well as unsparing look at religion, politics and the environment.


"During the making of this record, we lost Bo Diddley, one of my greatest influences. There were many things I would have said to him, if I'd realized that his time was limited."


Written by Eric Burdon and Terry Wilson, Til Your River Runs Dry will be available from September 18th but a single has already been released: Memorial Day.



Eric's accolades include being listed by Rolling Stone as one of the 100 'Greatest Voices of All Time'. More recently, Bruce Springsteen paid a homage to Eric at SXSW this year where Eric joined Bruce and the E Street Band on stage in Austin to perform We Gotta Get Out Of This Place.